Thread: Sært at der ingen engelsk community manager er ..

Default Sært at der ingen engelsk community manager er ..

Se lige en historie en af ansøgerne kan fortælle

Hello all, I was reading this post and heard about the application process - I thought it was just me who was having problems! I applied for a position as a GM with the team, as while I would have liked the English Community manager job I don't have the relevant experience - only a plain old degree in games computing and software development. Like the poster on the board here I too live in England and so would have to relocate to France for the job but this is something I?d gladly do to be part of the Wow team.

At the beginning of September I sent my application of to the Wow base of operations in Velizy. About 2 months later I got the following email:

Thank you for your application for English Game Master for the World of Warcraft project. We are in the final stages of interviewing candidates and would like to organise a phone interview with you to discuss the position.

If you are still interested in the position, could you reply to this mail as soon as possible with a list of suitable times and dates this week or the next as well as the phone number to use to contact you, I will then check with my schedule and come back to you with a confirmation. I am usually available between 1:00pm and 9:00pm and the interview would most likely last for an hour or so.

Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Sweet zombie Jesus I thought to myself! I checked my schedule, cleared what I could and sent an Email response straight away.

8 days later I got the following automated message from blizzard:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to
    connect successfully to the destination mail server.

Hmm, looks like I?m screwed I thought as Blizzard had requested a speedy response! But I would not give up! So I re-sent the email of my, now updated, schedule but as soon as I hit send now I instantly get a delivery failure message from hotmail (not blizzard as before). But there was one more road to glory! There was a phone number supplied, so I grabbed the phone punched in the number and made the international call ? damn the expense!

?The number you have dialled has not been recognised ? please check and try again?

Ah. Ok. I tried again ? same result. Still determined to carry on I called the international operator to ask for help, as in everything there is always the possibility I was being stupid. The international operator very kindly checked the number for me and confirmed it was invalid. Sigh.

My last efforts to get it contact were another email, this time to the job application address and an actually real life letter to the Velizy HQ sent by express airmail, which has been delivered. In fact it was delivered some weeks ago.

I have yet to hear anything, true maybe they don?t want to work for them! That?s fair enough but some sort of clue as to what going on would be nice after they requested an interview with me!

I think I?ll go stare at my in box and wait for a reply, rocking slowly backward and forward mumbling gibberish to myself.

haha - sød historie.
    Retired SD guildmaster 2008 - 2012

as in everything there is always the possibility I was being stupid.
    Den filosofi kan jeg godt tilslutte mig 8)